[R] Who uses R?

Eleni Rapsomaniki e.rapsomaniki at mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk
Tue Sep 25 12:46:17 CEST 2007

Dear R users,

I have started work in a Statistics government department and I am trying to
convince my bosses to install R on our computers (I can't do proper stats in
Excel!!). They asked me to prove that this is a widely used software (and not
just another free-source, bug infected toy I found on the web!) by suggesting
other big organisations that use it. Are you aware of any reputable places
(academic or not) that use R? (e.g. maybe you work for them)

I would be really grateful for any advice on this. Also suggestions on arguments
I could use to persuade them that R is so much better than Excel would be very
much appreciated.

Many Thanks
Eleni Rapsomaniki