[R] Error: cannot allocate vector of size...

Jittima Piriyapongsa gtg894p at mail.gatech.edu
Mon Sep 24 23:12:59 CEST 2007

Hi,

I want to change .RDA file to a text file. So I did as follows.

>load("my.rda")
>ls() ---> then it showed [1] exprs
>write.table(exprs,"C:\\my.txt",sep="\t")

I was successful with the first .RDA file. Then I used the same commands with
another .RDA file (172 MB)which is 4 times bigger than the first file (41.2 MB).
When I put the last command (write.table), it showed as below.

Error: cannot allocate vector of size 92.8 Mb
In addition: Warning messages:
1: The exprSet class is deprecated, use ExpressionSet instead
2: The exprSet class is deprecated, use ExpressionSet instead
3: The exprSet class is deprecated, use ExpressionSet instead
4: The exprSet class is deprecated, use ExpressionSet instead

What could be a problem in this case? Is it the memory problem? I believe I have
enough RAM and disk space in my computer.

Thank you.
Jittima