[R] making R packages and compacting an entire R set up

michael watson (IAH-C) michael.watson at bbsrc.ac.uk
Mon Sep 24 19:57:33 CEST 2007

For 1, start off with package.skeleton

Then http://www.biostat.wisc.edu/~kbroman/Rintro/Rwinpack.html

________________________________

From: r-help-bounces at r-project.org on behalf of Edna Bell
Sent: Mon 24/09/2007 3:40 PM
To: r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch
Subject: [R] making R packages and compacting an entire R set up

Hi R Gurus!

I have 2 questions, please:

a.  I'm putting together a little baby package on SUSE Linux 10.1.  I
want to create a zip of the package for windows.  How should I create
that please?

b.  I don't know if the following is possible but here it is:  I have
R and a bunch of libraries set up very nicely.  I would like to hand
off this setup to someone else.  Should I just copy things as they
stand onto a CD please or is there a better way please?

thanks in advance!
Sincerely,
Edna Bell