[R] What is RDA file and how to open it in R program?

Bjørn-Helge Mevik bhs2 at mevik.net
Mon Sep 24 09:58:00 CEST 2007

Jittima Piriyapongsa wrote:

> I have a set of gene expression data in .RDA file. I have downloaded
> Bioconductor and R program for analyzing these data. Anyway, I am not sure how
> to open this RDA file in R program (what is the command?) in order to look at
> these data.

load("filename.RDA")

(.RDA (or .rda) is short for .RData (or .rdata :-).  It is the usual
file format for saving R objects to file (with save() or
save.image()).)

> And which package should I use for analyzing it e.g. plot the
> expression image?

That depends entirely on what is inside the file.  The best idea is
probably to ask the one(s) who created the file.

--
Bjørn-Helge Mevik