[R] Cutting & pasting help examples into script window

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Fri Sep 21 15:23:04 CEST 2007

On 9/20/2007 9:23 PM, Muenchen, Robert A (Bob) wrote:
> Now I'm working in 2.5.1 on a home machine also running XP. It has the
> same problem, and I think I finally figured it out.
>
> I've noticed that if the cursor is directly over the text, it becomes an
> I-beam. When hovering over the blank space around the text, the cursor
> becomes an arrow. Selections via the arrow almost always paste properly
> into a script window. Copies made while selecting with the I-beam cursor
> almost always fail.
>
> Regardless of how the selection is done, a paste into Notepad never
> fails. Copying from Notepad to a script window never fails, regardless
> of how the paste into Notepad was selected.

I believe this is fixed now.  The problem was that some of the rich text
formatting was being pasted into the script window; it didn't reformat
everything to fixed text.  I'm not sure why this resulted in loss of
line feeds, but fixing it seems to have fixed that too.

This change should make it into 2.6.0.  If you take a look at builds
starting tomorrow you can test it out.

Duncan Murdoch