[R] Cutting & pasting help examples into script window

Muenchen, Robert A (Bob) muenchen at utk.edu
Fri Sep 21 03:23:47 CEST 2007

Now I'm working in 2.5.1 on a home machine also running XP. It has the
same problem, and I think I finally figured it out.

I've noticed that if the cursor is directly over the text, it becomes an
I-beam. When hovering over the blank space around the text, the cursor
becomes an arrow. Selections via the arrow almost always paste properly
into a script window. Copies made while selecting with the I-beam cursor
almost always fail.

Regardless of how the selection is done, a paste into Notepad never
fails. Copying from Notepad to a script window never fails, regardless
of how the paste into Notepad was selected.

Very strange!

Bob

P.S. almost the testing has been with the ?data.frame and ?summary
examples.