[R] Comprehensive New Learning Resource for R

(Ted Harding) Ted.Harding at manchester.ac.uk
Thu Sep 20 16:17:18 CEST 2007

Excellent! Thanks. Just what I need for referring
friends to.

However, your very first feedback:

Under http://www.statmethods.net/input/datatypes.html
you have:

##Vectors

a <- c(1,2,5.3,6,-2,4) # numberic vector
b <- c("one","two","three") # character vector
c <- c(T,T,T,F,T,F) #logical vector

##Refer to elements of a vector using subscripts.

a[2,4] # 2nd and 4th elements of vector

## Err, no! a[c(2,4)] of course!

More {when|if} I spot them!
Best wishes,
Ted.

On 20-Sep-07 13:24:22, Rob Kabacoff wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I have created a website with over 70 R tutorials on a wide range of
> subjects. The site is aimed at data analysts who have an idea about
> what they would like to do, but don't know how to do it in R. The site
> should be particularly useful for users of statistical packages like
> SAS, SPSS, Stata, and Systat who would like to get up and running in R
> quickly. However, I think that it will also be useful for even veteran
> R users.
>
> The URL is http://www.statmethods.net
>
> Topics are organized around these headings:
> * The R Interface
> * Data Input
> * Data Management
> * Basic Statistics
> * Advanced Statistics
> * Basic Graphs
> * Advanced Graphs
>
> Topic range from GUIs to creating publication quality output, from
> database access to date values, from t-tests to generalized linear
> models, from barcharts to interactive multivariate graphics.
>
> I hope that you find this useful. Please feel free to link to the site.
>
> Feedback is always welcome.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Rob Kabacoff, Ph.D.
> robk at statmethods.net