[R] layout function for several plots

marcg mdgi at gmx.ch
Wed Sep 19 13:26:29 CEST 2007

Dear all

I try to print 9 plots on a page, arranged as the code shows below.

nf <- layout(matrix(c(1,0,2,0,0,3,0,4,0,5,0,6,0,0,0,0,7,0,8,9), 10,2))
layout.show(nf)

but when I try to plot, an error message
Fehler in plot.new() : Grafikränder zu groß
appears

to verify p.e. with

plot(runif(10:1))

i tried with plot(runif(10:1), ann=F) to produce more space, but neither.

The second question: how to place a cross in the middle of the plot to delineate in 4 big fields (containing each 5 plots)

Thanks a lot