[R] help for high-quality plot (wmf) in files

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Mon Sep 17 17:34:04 CEST 2007

May I ask a related question to tack on to this thread.

One can also output a wmf plot to a file through the win.metafile() call.
But as the help file says, due to Windows limitations only one plot per file
is allowed and one must use parameterized filenames to produce multiple
plots, which I often have in e.g. lattice displays.

My question: For those who deal routinely with this issue, what sorts of
strategies do you use to produce and keep track of multiple wmf files (in
Windows)?  Any code (or packages) or tricks for combining all the plots into
one file with suitable identifying labels?

NOTE: AFAICS Sweave doesn't work, as it produces only pdf graphs.

Feel free to reply off list, as this is not really an R question.

Cheers,
Bert

Bert Gunter
Genentech Nonclinical Statistics