[R] covariates in nlmer function

Kari Ruohonen kari.ruohonen at utu.fi
Fri Sep 14 13:59:34 CEST 2007

I am trying to explore nlmer by running some nlme examples from Pinheiro
& Bates (2000). I do not seem to find information how to specify fixed
effects covariates to nlmer models. Specifically, I tried to run the
"Carbon Dioxide Uptake" example from p. 368 onwards in the PB200 book.
The model without fixed effects covariates runs well but how to tell
nlmer to include Type and Treatment similar to the nlme model on p. 374
in the PB2000 book? Or is this something that has not been implemented
yet?

regards,
Kari Ruohonen