[R] How to remove index from list after split?

Vladimir Eremeev wl2776 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 13:10:00 CEST 2007

Did not completely understand what is a 'group index',
but to remove any element from a list or a matrix, or a vector or a data
frame you could use the negative index.

For example,

> df.s[-c(1:3)]
$`3`
   g        x
1  3 3.916503
12 3 1.435718
24 3 2.252151

> df.s[-c(1:3)][[1]][-1]
1  3.916503
12 1.435718
24 2.252151

You can also assign the results to a variable (the same or the other one)
> df.s<-df.s[-c(1:3)][[1]][-1]
> df.s
1  3.916503
12 1.435718