[R] statistics - hypothesis testing question

S Ellison S.Ellison at lgc.co.uk
Fri Sep 14 02:50:31 CEST 2007

I may be miles off base, but could this be treated as a random-effects model, with the regression predictors as random effects grouped by week? And if so, could each set form a single lme() model, allowing you to compare the models via AIC's for 'quality' and anova for significance of the difference...? (After reading Pinheiro and Bates of course.. and not all mixed effects models can be compared directly, particularly using REML, if I read it correctly).