[R] "Save to File..." option on File menu

Muenchen, Robert A (Bob) muenchen at utk.edu
Thu Sep 13 01:03:38 CEST 2007

Hi Talbot,

I just had that question a couple of weeks ago. Here's the thread:

RSiteSearch("Saving results from Linux command line")

Thomas Lumley concluded with:

There could still be functions that divert a copy of all the output to a
file, for example. And indeed there are.

sink("transcript.txt", split=TRUE)

And you're right, you do this at the start, or put it in your .Rprofile
so you don't have to remember it each time. The UNIX tee command does
this as well.

Cheers,
Bob

Bob Muenchen (pronounced Min'-chen), Manager
Statistical Consulting Center
U of TN Office of Information Technology
200 Stokely Management Center, Knoxville, TN 37996-0520
Voice: (865) 974-5230
FAX: (865) 974-4810
Email: muenchen at utk.edu
Web: http://oit.utk.edu/scc,