[R] Editor for R under Fedora 7

Stefan Grosse singularitaet at gmx.net
Tue Sep 11 17:21:04 CEST 2007

I use emacs with the ess extension on Fedora 7. Emacs is easily
installable via yum and for ESS (emacs speaks statistics) you could use
the Moertel rpms: http://community.moertel.com/ss/space/RPMs

To edit: save a "buffer" as *.r, then some buttons appear which enable
you to start an R process and to send code to R. What I really like
about ESS/emacs is the splitted windows.

JGR would not be a good choice- although installable it consumes plenty
of cpu so there seems to be a bug.

Stefan