[R] [solved] Re: I can't do it again on an other PC : R+RMySQL ->error loading dll

Gustaf Rydevik gustaf.rydevik at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 12:46:53 CEST 2007

On 9/11/07, Peter Dalgaard <P.Dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk> wrote:
> Ptit_Bleu wrote:
> > Hi Peter,
> >
> > I really have no idea about your comment. I was so happy to be able to
> > connect to my database ...
> >
> > In fact I found the address in the following post :
> > https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2007-August/138142.html
> >
> > Do you think I can't use it freely ? :(
> >
> I don't think anyone is going to send the police.
>
> We do need to be a bit careful about these matters, though. E.g. I
> communicate with my publisher using HTTP sometimes. That doesn't mean
> that it is allowed to download the book manuscript for free if you can
> guess the URL....

Actually, there was a case in Sweden a couple of years back, where a
reporter managed to access an anual report for a company, a couple of
days before the report became public.
He managed this by guessing url:s.

The reporter got sued, and the court ruled that accessing material,
private or not, by typing in url's is not illegal. Meaning that I
would be allowed to download your book manuscript if I happened to
stumble on the web adress. If the adress was not protected of course.

/Gustaf

--
Gustaf Rydevik, M.Sci.
tel: +46(0)703 051 451