[R] SQL like function?

Takatsugu Kobayashi tkobayas at indiana.edu
Fri Sep 7 06:40:07 CEST 2007

Hi RUsers,

I am wonder if I can search observations whose IDs matches any of the
values in another vector, such as in MySQL. While I am learing MySQL for
future database management, I appreciate if anyone could give me a hint.

Suppose I have one 5*1 vector containing observation IDs and
frequencies, and one 3*1 vector containing observation IDs.

observation<-c(1,2,3,4,5)
ID<-c(1,3,4)

Then, I would like to program a code that returns a results showing
matched observations like

result: TRUE FALSE TRUE TRUE FALSE

I am reading S programming, but I cannot find a way to do this.

Thank you very much.

Taka