[R] Executing a DOS proram from R

Walter Paczkowski dataanalytics at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 4 13:56:35 CEST 2007

Good morning,

I wrote a function to generate tables using LaTex.  The function creates a .tex file with all the layouts I want.  I would now like to call pdflatex.exe from inside this same function.  Does anyone know an R command to do this?  And also, what is the form of the pdflatex command to compile a .tex file?  I always use WinEdt so I never actually call pdflatex.exe directly.  Is the call just:

            pdflatex filename.tex

or is there something else I need to know to create a pdf file using LaTex?

Thanks,

Walt Paczkowski