[R] Space Filling and Weights

Zev Ross zev at zevross.com
Fri Oct 26 18:21:00 CEST 2007

Hi All,

I've been working with the cover.design function in the fields package
for space filling. I'm wondering though if there is a way, or if anyone
has written scripts to include weights at candidate locations in the
space filling algorithm. This would be similar to maximum attendance and
p-median problems where one would design, for example, a "network" of
schools that maximizes attendance given underlying information on
population distribution.

It seems there may be a way to adopt the DIST argument to this end, but
I'm not sure. Thoughts?

Zev