[R] X matrix deemed to be singular in counting process coxph

caspar caspar.hallmann at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 12:54:44 CEST 2007

Dear Terry
Thanks for your reply,

I guess then including only the interaction term only should make sense,
since a difference in group 1 between t=0 and t=1 is already taken into
account in the baseline (all coefficients set to zero). My second group as I
understand it should have an exp(coef_group2) higher/lower hazard at t=0,
and exp(coef_group2+coef_group2:t) higher at t=1 as compared to the
baseline. Am I correct so far?.

I have a second question that might be off topic, but though I'd have a fair
chance off getting an answer at this mailing list. If I would assume a more
or less constant hazard within periods 1 and 2, how would I get an average
"daily" survival for each period on the probability scale? I thought of two
options, 1 take the cumulative survival probability at time 13 (= my
cutpoint) tmax, and take the 13- and tmax-  th root of it, or divide the
ratio of S(t)/S(t-1) with the corresponding time difference between the two
events, and then average over groups and periods. However , what would an
appropriate method be to estimate the standard errors of the daily survival/
failure probabilities? Would the delta method do? And if so, does anyone
known of a reproducible example?

Any help is very much appreciated
Thank in advance

Caspar