[R] r achives [follow-up]

(Ted Harding) Ted.Harding at manchester.ac.uk
Sat Oct 20 17:29:09 CEST 2007

On 20-Oct-07 15:23:25, Ted Harding wrote:
> On 20-Oct-07 13:53:11, Alan Zaslavsky wrote:
>> I think that should be
>>
>>      https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/
>>
>> (note https prefix)
>
> Well, I thought so too: My "bookmark" has https.
> But, in replying to Raymond Chiruka, I wondered whether
> the https was necessary. So I tried http, and it worked.
> But now it does not work, but https does work; so: Yes,
> you are right, and it should be as you say!
>
> Ted.

Follow-up: Having tried the "http" as above, and failing
to connect, I then tried "https", and was connected.
But now I have I tried "http" again, and it connected.
Probably what happened in the first place was that I was
carrying a cookie from a previous connection, so "http"
worked at that time (and I mis-interpreted the outcome).

But, as a matter of interest, why is "https" needed for
that site?

Ted.

>>> From: (Ted Harding) <Ted.Harding at manchester.ac.uk>
>>> Subject: Re: [R] r achives

>>> If you mean the archive of postings to the R-help list,
>>> then:
>>>
>>>   http://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/

Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 094 0861
Date: 20-Oct-07                                       Time: 16:29:05