[R] header

John Kane jrkrideau at yahoo.ca
Fri Oct 19 15:48:37 CEST 2007

I'm no expert in R but I think that read.table simply will not start a variable with a numeric.  If you really want
the names to be as listed below you can assign them after import by using :

names(mydata) <- c(name, "20_1_TT_Z_e4" "20_2_TT_Z_e4")

name is a factor as far as I can see because that is the default in your R-profile
See http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/R/Rhelp02a/archive/98227.html  for more details

name's mode is numeric because the underlying form of a factor is numeric.

do str(mydata) for a bit more information