[R] error message with option checkBuild in update.packages in R 2.6.0

Rainer M Krug Rainer+R-help at krugs.de
Wed Oct 10 10:13:16 CEST 2007

Hi

System: Linux Open SuSE 10.2

I upgraded to R 2.6.0 and wanted to upgrade my packages as well. I tried
to use the checkBuild=TRUE option in update.packages, it asked me if I
wanted to update the package and I answered with yes, and finally ig
tave me the error message unknown parameter "checkBuild" in function
install.packages.

My question: is the option still necessary or is the checkBuild done
automatically? IF yes, I just update.packages without the option and
don't woryy.

Rainer