[R] A rebel boxplot question

ONKELINX, Thierry Thierry.ONKELINX at inbo.be
Thu Oct 4 17:54:55 CEST 2007

Merge both datasets into one with a grouping variable. Then have a look
at the ggplot2 package.

  library(ggplot2)
  dataset <- data.frame(Month = factor(rep(1:12, 20)),  Value =
c(rnorm(120) + 1:12, rnorm(120) + 12:1), Group = gl(2, 120, labels =
LETTERS[1:2]))
  ggplot(dataset, aes(x = Month, y = Value, colour = Group)) +
geom_boxplot()

Cheers,

Thierry
----
ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Instituut voor natuur- en bosonderzoek / Research Institute for Nature
and Forest
Cel biometrie, methodologie en kwaliteitszorg / Section biometrics,
methodology and quality assurance
Gaverstraat 4
9500 Geraardsbergen
Belgium
tel. + 32 54/436 185
Thierry.Onkelinx op inbo.be
www.inbo.be

Do not put your faith in what statistics say until you have carefully
considered what they do not say.  ~William W. Watt
A statistical analysis, properly conducted, is a delicate dissection of
uncertainties, a surgery of suppositions. ~M.J.Moroney