[R] Ordering of names on X- and Y-axis

Matthew Keller mckellercran at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 05:16:38 CEST 2007

Hi Michael,

This type of thing is pretty simple to do in R (take a look at ?plot
and then ?par - very useful... necessary actually... for graphing).
One way to do it is to use the "axis" function:

my.labels <- c("a","b","c","d","e","f","g","h","i","j")
axis(1,at=1:10,labels=my.labels, font=1, cex.axis=.85, las=1)