[R] data structure with coefficients, and call from lm()

John Sorkin jsorkin at grecc.umaryland.edu
Mon Oct 1 05:19:12 CEST 2007

Thank you Moshe,
I understand you point, but I would hope that I could use summary to save my self some work. I need to do what I described in my original Email to the list server on tens of regressions.
John

John

John Sorkin M.D., Ph.D.
Chief, Biostatistics and Informatics
University of Maryland School of Medicine Division of Gerontology
Baltimore VA Medical Center
10 North Greene Street
GRECC (BT/18/GR)
Baltimore, MD 21201-1524
(Phone) 410-605-7119

>>> Moshe Olshansky <m_olshansky at yahoo.com> 9/30/2007 11:04 PM >>>
Hello,

First of all, do not use "summary" - it is a function
which acts on myreg and does whatever it does, i.e.
prints a summary.
Examine the myreg object (myreg, names(myreg), etc.).
The you may examine the contents of individual data
members of myreg.
You can also try to print summary(myreg) to a file
(using sink - see ?sink) and then read this file and
extract whatever you need from it.

Regards,

Moshe.

--- John Sorkin <jsorkin at grecc.umaryland.edu> wrote:

> Widows XP
> R 2.3.1
>
> I have been trying to make a data structure that
> will contain both the coefficients from a linear
> regression along with column and row titles AND the
> call, i.e.
> myreg<-lm(y~x+y+z)

whatIwant<-cbind(c(summary(myreg)$call,"",""),summary(myreg)$coefficients)