[R] windows vista

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Nov 28 09:31:32 CET 2007

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007, Suzuky Pinto wrote:

> Hello there
>
> Im suzuky Pinto from Mexico.
> And Im buying a new computer and this have windows vista. Could I have
> any problem using R on it?

Not from R itself.  See the rw-FAQ at

http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/rw-FAQ.html#Does-R-run-under-Windows-Vista_003f

for a discussion of this.  (People new to Vista often have trouble with
installing/administering software, and some of their mistakes can be
seen by searching the archives of this list.)

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk