[R] 'Split' character

Dimitris Rizopoulos Dimitris.Rizopoulos at med.kuleuven.be
Mon Nov 26 21:28:48 CET 2007

one way is the following:

vals <- do.call(paste, c(mydata[1:2], sep = ":"))
fc <- factor(vals, levels = unique(vals))
mydata.split <- split(mydata, fc, drop = TRUE)
names(mydata.split)

I hope it helps.

Best,
Dimitris

----
Dimitris Rizopoulos
Ph.D. Student
Biostatistical Centre
School of Public Health
Catholic University of Leuven

Address: Kapucijnenvoer 35, Leuven, Belgium
Tel: +32/(0)16/336899
Fax: +32/(0)16/337015
Web: http://med.kuleuven.be/biostat/
      http://www.student.kuleuven.be/~m0390867/dimitris.htm