[R] 2.6.1 and 2.7.0 installation bug?

Petr PIKAL petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Fri Nov 23 08:12:40 CET 2007

Hallo all

This is my second post to this topic and as nobody responded to my first
one I used "bug" in subject, which maybe can get more attention :-).
The problem is that from version 2.6.1 the instalation procedure tries to
write its *.tmp file to C:\Documents and Settings\PikalP\ which is somehow
forbidden. Our IT guys say that installation shall use .../Local
Settings/Temp instead.

My question is if this is a deliberate change and it will continue in new
versions or if it is just an accidental feature, which was unnoticed in
the new versions.

Thank you

Best regards

Petr Pikal