[R] Displaying R, N, Z-symbols with expression

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu Nov 22 04:02:58 CET 2007

"C.J.Albers" <C.J.Albers at open.ac.uk> wrote in
news:2DB62B9891E94943806FE03F1C50DC99BB96B7 at SHERWOOD.open.ac.uk:

> Hi all,
>
> (Apologies if this has been asked before; I tried to search for it in
> the archives, but searching for terms like 'N' yields too many hits)
>
> Is it possible to display symbols like 'R' (the set of real numbers,
> so with an additional vertical line on the left) in plots using
> expression/plotmath? Getting bounced by the LISTSERV so trying Gmane:

Install the Hershey vector fonts and then use something like:
plot(0,0)
text(0.25.0.25, "\\Re", vfont = c("serif symbol", "bold italic"), cex =
1.5)

It's more "Gothic" than what you described, but it may be an acceptable
substitute.

--
David Winsemius