[R] R 2 UDB

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at comcast.net
Tue Nov 20 19:40:17 CET 2007

On Tue, 2007-11-20 at 13:30 -0500, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
> On 11/20/2007 12:56 PM, Michael Grishin wrote:
> > I am running R on the linux platform.  Is there any way to connect to
> > UDB(DB2) dbms?  How?
>
> I don't know that dbms at all, but if it supports ODBC, then the RODBC
> package should be able to talk to it.

You will also need to have UnixODBC installed on your Linux system and
either IBM or EasySoft would need to provide Linux compatible ODBC
drivers for same.

You might want to check with your DBA/SysAdmin on additional details.

With the above in place and appropriate configuration specs, then using
RODBC should not be an issue. This is how I connect to an Oracle 10g
server from a Fedora 8 laptop.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz