[R] "Couldn't find function par"

Johannes Hüsing johannes at huesing.name
Sun Nov 18 15:23:51 CET 2007

Peter Dalgaard <p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk> [Sun, Nov 18, 2007 at 02:20:14PM CET]:
> Johannes HXXsing wrote:
[...]
> >Fehler: konnte Funktion "par" nicht finden
> >
> >>par
> >>
> >function (..., no.readonly = FALSE)
> >
> Hmm, this could happen as a result of calling par() in a startup file
> before loading the graphics package.

Arggh, I overlooked a legacy .Rprofile, ok, fixed, thank you. Seems like
in recent versions graphics was loaded before .Rprofile was read.

> (BTW. "einige Demos" -- correct translation of "some demos"? My German
> is rusty, but I'd take it to mean "a few demos", which is not quite the
> same.)

This is a correct translation indeed. There are so many native German
speakers (among who the ones speaking the Austrian or Swiss variant
are in the minority) in the R core team that I wouldn't worry about
this issue.

--
Johannes Hüsing               There is something fascinating about science.
                              One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture