[R] convex optimization package for R, specifically semidefinite programming

roger koenker rkoenker at uiuc.edu
Wed Nov 14 16:57:11 CET 2007

Convex optimization is a large problem domain with many interesting
new developments,  and MOSEK is a particularly good implementation
of many of these developments.  It is quite easy to get R to speak to
MOSEK via R.matlab -- i've been doing this recently for some work on
density
estimation, but given the commercial nature of MOSEK and most of the
other convex optimization development efforts closer coordination seems
unlikely.  (I would be delighted to be proved wrong about this...)

url:    www.econ.uiuc.edu/~roger            Roger Koenker
email    rkoenker at uiuc.edu            Department of Economics
vox:     217-333-4558                University of Illinois
fax:       217-244-6678                Champaign, IL 61820