[R] script fails because of library loading

Muiser, EC e.c.muiser at st.hanze.nl
Tue Nov 13 13:39:52 CET 2007

Hello everyone,

I am busy making a website that uses R to plot certain biological data, but there is a problem when I try load packages.

The php script executes the following command: "/usr/bin/R --quiet --slave < /perl/outfiles/Rscript19785065.R > /perl/outfiles/error19785065.txt"
The R script loads the data, makes a plot and writes it to a postscript file. After this the php script uses ghostscript to convert the postscript file to a .PNG image.
This all works perfectly if I don't load any library. if I do, and it doesn't matter where in the file I put it, R just doesn't give any output anymore. Also there is no errorlog (in "/perl/outfiles/error19785065.txt")
Until now I havn't found a post in the mailing lists from someone with the same problem.
Does anyone have an idea what's goin on? How can I resolve this?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Iwe Muiser
Iwe E.C. Muiser, Student Bio-Informatics
Hanze Hogeschool Groningen
The Netherlands
Tel +31645700419
E-mail E.C.Muiser at st.hanze.nl