[R] Resample a matrix (table)

Moshe Olshansky m_olshansky at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 13 02:10:43 CET 2007

Hi Luca,

One (not very elegant) way of doing this is to use
double loop as below:
Let A be your matrix (100x50), W your weights matrix
(10x10) and you want to produce matrix B (10X5)
You can do:

B <- matrix(0,nrow=10,ncol=5)
for (i in 1:10) for (j in 1:5) B[i,j] <-
sum(W*A[(10*(i-1)+1):10*i,(10*(j-1)+1):10*j])

Regards,

Moshe.

http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=6617&d=12-11