[R] Multivariate time series

Pfaff, Bernhard Dr. Bernhard_Pfaff at fra.invesco.com
Mon Nov 12 09:46:37 CET 2007

Hello Giusy,

in addition to Frank's suggestion you might want to specify and estimate
a VECM (function ca.jo() in package urca). This object can be
transformed to its level-VAR representation (function vec2var() in
package vars) for which a predict-method exists (fan charts can be
generated too). The advantage of this approach compared to a pure
VAR-modeling (in levels or first differences, depending on the
stationarity of your series in question) is, that you might capture the
long-run relationship between your price series (arbitrage-condition?).

Best,
Bernhard