[R] help on drawing a tree with "ape"?

Simon Blomberg s.blomberg1 at uq.edu.au
Mon Nov 12 09:29:58 CET 2007

?edgelabels

On Sun, 2007-11-11 at 16:51 -0800, Hua Li wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I'm using the "ape" package in R and want to draw a
> phylogenetic tree with not only the tip labels but
> also some labels for the edges. e.g. Mark the edge AB
> as "m" in the tree ABC.
>
> Couldn't find a way to do that. Can someone help?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Hua

Simon Blomberg, BSc (Hons), PhD, MAppStat.
Lecturer and Consultant Statistician
Faculty of Biological and Chemical Sciences
The University of Queensland
St. Lucia Queensland 4072
Australia
Room 320 Goddard Building (8)
T: +61 7 3365 2506
email: S.Blomberg1_at_uq.edu.au

Policies:
1.  I will NOT analyse your data for you.
2.  Your deadline is your problem.

The combination of some data and an aching desire for
an answer does not ensure that a reasonable answer can
be extracted from a given body of data. - John Tukey.