[R] How to more efficently read in a big matrix

affy snp affysnp at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 05:52:44 CET 2007

Hi Jim,

Thanks a lot! I am currently running it on my laptop but without any
success. I could upload it to a server which is with 8Gb memory
and it might be better to go from there.

Actually, I could have the whole file splitted in two parts,
one with 2nd column to 95th column, the other one with
the rest of columns. However, I need all rows for the
two parts.

The file is in txt format and around 480Mb, very large though.
Yes, it is of numeric values.

I appreciate!

Allen