[R] Problem with R version 2.6.0

Dimitri Liakhovitski ld7631 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 16:44:50 CET 2007

I don't try to execute any script. I am just trying to create a
completely new (empty) script file and save it OR open any existing
script file (that might even be empty).
My actions are (and by the way - I work under Windows XP professional
- and I worked with it before - with R 2.5):
1. Change dir (browse to a folder outside of the R folder I want to work in)
2. Try to Open script
3. Get the following "R for Windows GUI front-end" message: "R for
Windows GUI fodnt-end has encountered a problem and needs to close. We
are sorry."
When I click on Error signature I get:
AppName: rgui.exe
AppVer: 2.60.43063.0
ModName: graphapp.dll
ModVer: 2.60.43063.0
Offste: 000062ae
When I click on further "technical info", I get tons of Exception
Information and at the bottom: "The following files will be included
in this error report:
C:\..../Temp/692d_appcompat.txt

It always creates this "xxxappcompat.txt" file - but once I leave R I
can't find it in TEMP files - it's deleted.