[R] Execution time very high in linux

Joao Santos jcsantos at student.dei.uc.pt
Fri Nov 9 12:27:35 CET 2007

Hello All,

Sorry everybody for another message on this topic but I don't understand the
times off execution that I have.
>From my search in the forum I found that linux old be better to this kind of
operation, so now I using a dualCore 2.33GHz with 8Gb RAM but the times off
execution don´t decrease.

Once again the function and the times and I get in linux:
system.time(fit_2323v_168f<-auto.arima(regts.ts, d = NA, D = NA, max.p = 2,
max.q = 2,
            max.P = 1, max.Q = 1, max.order = 5,
            start.p=0, start.q=0, start.P=0, start.Q=0,
                        stationary = FALSE, ic = c("aic","aicc", "bic"),
            stepwise=FALSE, trace=TRUE))
user   system  elapsed
38389.75  3786.29 22849.73

There is some optimization that could be done?

Thanks in advance for the replies!!!

João Santos