[R] A question regarding two dimensional optimization with constraints

Saptarshi Guha sguha at purdue.edu
Mon Nov 5 17:22:04 CET 2007

Hello,
	I have an optimization problem which I would like to solve in R but
am not sure how to approach this.
	I have a cost function C which is quadratic in rx and ry (if it
helps, the cost function is separable in rx and ry) and is always
positive for all rx,ry.
	I wish to maximize C subject to two convex constraints both of which
are quadratic in rx and ry (if it helps, both are separable in rx and
ry) and always positive.

	I do realize that because the intersection of the two constraints is
convex and the solutions lie on the boundary of the intersection and
it is possible to arrive at the optima analytically.

	However I would like a numerical approach via some optimization
libraries in R.
	Could someone suggest some pointers as to how i could go about
solving this in R? Which libraries should I use?

	Thank you for your time and help.
	Regards
	Saptarshi