[R] correct wording and notation for R stuff in LaTex

Katharine Mullen kate at few.vu.nl
Fri Nov 2 13:18:26 CET 2007

If you are free to format your references to packages and functions as you
please, you might follow the convention used by the Journal of Statistical
Software.

you can do this by adding the following to your latex file:

\newcommand{\pkg}[1]{{\normalfont\fontseries{b}\selectfont #1}}
\let\proglang=\textsf
\let\code=\texttt

then you can refer to R as \proglang{R}, to packages with e.g.,
\pkg{packagename} and to functions/other code as \code{functionname}.