[R] Some problem in opening connection with" .dat" extention file in matrix(scan) function of R 2.5

adilshah at stat.qau.edu.pk adilshah at stat.qau.edu.pk
Thu Nov 1 08:40:56 CET 2007

Dear helpers please provide me some helpful answer to my problem while I m
trying to run a program .I m attaching both the program and the data to
which I have to obtain my estimation results.
"Motives.dat" is the data file, and "OBTfile4.3" is the complete code of
program. by Running this
 //
rawdata<-matrix(scan(inputFile, n = nsubj*ncomp), nsubj, ncomp, byrow = TRUE)
 \\
The error appears to be
//
Error in file(file, "r") : unable to open connection
In addition: Warning message:
cannot open file 'motives_pc.dat', reason 'No such file or directory' in:
file(file, "r")
\\
where # name of preferences data file is assigned as,
       inputFile <- "motives_pc.dat
Thanking Regards

SYED ADIL HUSSAIN (+923455205402)
QUAID-E-AZAM UNIVERSITY
ISLAMABAD, PAKISTAN.

This is Virus Free Email Scanned by QAU's McAfee Virus Scanner
""THIS COMMUNICATION MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR OTHERWISE PROPRIETARY MATERIAL
and is thus for use only by the intended recipient. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the e-mail
and its attachments from all computers."
www.qau.edu.pk