[R] recompile R using ActiveTcl

James Foadi james.foadi at diamond.ac.uk
Thu May 31 19:26:12 CEST 2007

Dear all,

While running some code requiring the "tcltk" package I have realised that my
version of R was compiled with the Tcl/Tk libraries included in Fedora 6. It
would be for me better to use the ActiveTcl libraries (which I have
under /usr/local), and I'm aware that this probably means to recompile R with
the proper configuration variables.

But...is it by any chance possible to "just" recompile the bit affected by
Tcl/Tk, like, for instance, to install tcltk with some environment variable
pointing at the right ActiveTcl library?

Many thanks for your suggestions and help.

Dr James Foadi
Membrane Protein Laboratory
Diamond Light Source Ltd.
Diamond House