[R] installing problems

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu May 31 14:25:01 CEST 2007

INSTALL says

   The main source of information on installation is the `R Installation
   and Administration Manual', an HTML copy of which is available as file
   `doc/html/R-admin.html'.  Please read that before installing R.  But
   if you are impatient, read on but please refer to the manual to
   resolve any problems.

The 'problem' is discussed in detail in that manual.