[R] separate y-limits in xYplot panels

Nitin Jain nj7w at yahoo.com
Wed May 30 18:58:54 CEST 2007

Thanks Sundar and Gabor for your prompt help.

Sundar - Even after changing the line to "scales = list(y = list(relation = "free"))", I do not get the free scales in my test code (below), and relation ="sliced" still gives warning.

Gabor - I'll try using code as demo(intervals) suggests.

Best,
Nitin

Nitin Jain said the following on 5/30/2007 8:12 AM:
> Hello,

I would like to get the scales of y-axes dependent only on the data
points in a particular panel. Have attached a test example below.

When using 'relation="free"', it does not make the scales 'free',
however when using 'relation="sliced"', I get a warning "Explicitly
specified limits ignored in: limitsFromLimitlist(have.lim = have.ylim,
lim = ylim, relation = y.relation," (although in this particular case,
I get the desired result, but in my real data, I do not get the free
y-scale for each panel). Can you please let me know what should be
correct syntax?

> Thanks.
> -Nitin
>
> library(Hmisc)
>
> test1 <- data.frame(
>                     y = c(rnorm(33), rnorm(33, mean=10),
>                     rnorm(34, mean=100)),
>                     x = 1:100,
>                     f = factor(c(rep("a", 33), rep("b", 33), rep("c", 34))),
>                     g = factor(sample(LETTERS[1:2], size=100, replace=TRUE))
>                     )
>

> CI <- rnorm(100)
> lb <- test1$y - CI
> ub <- test1$y + CI
>

> xYplot(Cbind(y, lb,ub )~x|f,
>        groups=g,
>        scales = list(relation="free"), ## Changing it to sliced gives warning
>        data=test1)

You want

HTH,

--sundar