[R] http proxies: setting and unsetting

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Wed May 30 07:48:34 CEST 2007

On 5/29/07, matt.pettis at thomson.com <matt.pettis at thomson.com> wrote:
> OK, I think I get that... do you know which namespace the Sys.setenv() function affects?  Do you know if there are functions in R that can alter the user/system/process environment variables?

Use the R Sys.getenv() command to get the process environment variables.
To get user and system environment variables, from the Desktop right click on
My Computer and choose Properties.  Then choose the Advanced tab
and click on the Environment Variables button near the bottom of the
window that appears.