[R] RODBC and Date/Time variables

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Mon May 28 15:40:43 CEST 2007

Without any code in your post (see last line of every post to r-help)
its impossible to really know what you are doing but here is an
example:

library(RODBC)
channel <- odbcConnect("db01") # existing data base

# add a table with a datetime field
sqlQuery(channel, "create table table02 (field01 datetime, field02 integer)")

# insert a row of data into it
sqlQuery(channel,
  'insert into table02 (field01, field02) values ("2002-12-22 12:35:44", 10)')

# look at the data
sqlQuery(channel, "select * from table02")

# the datetime field is POSIXct in R
str(.Last.value)

odbcClose(channel)