[R] /tmp/ gets filled up fast

Alessandro Gagliardi alessandro at gagliardi.name
Fri May 25 20:42:37 CEST 2007

Dear useRs,

I'm running some pretty big R scripts using a PBS that calls upon the
RMySQL library and it's filling up the /tmp/ directory with Rtmp*
files.  I thought the problem might have come from scripts crashing
and therefore not getting around to executing the dbDisconnect()
function, but I just ran a script that exited correctly and it still
left a giant file in /tmp/ without cleaning up after itself.  I'm
running all of my scripts using the --vanilla tag (saving the data I
need either into a separate .RData file or into the MySQL database).
Is there some other tag I should be using or some command I can put at
the end of my script to remove the Rtmp file when it's done?

Thank you,
-Alessandro