[R] Make check failure for R-2.4.1

Adam Witney awitney at sgul.ac.uk
Fri May 25 10:38:29 CEST 2007

Thanks for your replies.... Details inline below:

On 24/5/07 17:12, "Martin Maechler" <maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch> wrote:

>     UweL> Some of these test are expected from time to time, since they are
> using
>     UweL> random numbers. Just re-run.
>
> eehm,  "some of these", yes, but not the ones Adam mentioned,
> d-p-q-r-tests.R.
>
> Adam, if you want more info you should report to us the *end*
> (last dozen of lines) of
> your d-p-q-r-tests.Rout[.fail]  file.

Ok, here they are...

[1] TRUE TRUE TRUE TRUE

> ##-- non central Chi^2 :
> xB <- c(2000,1e6,1e50,Inf)
> for(df in c(0.1, 1, 10))
+     for(ncp in c(0, 1, 10, 100)) stopifnot(pchisq(xB, df=df, ncp=ncp) ==
1)
Error: pchisq(xB, df = df, ncp = ncp) == 1 is not all TRUE
Execution halted

>     UweL>  BTW: We do have R-2.5.0 these days.
>
> Indeed!
>
> And gcc 2.95.4 is also very old.
> Maybe you've recovered an old compiler / math-library bug from
> that antique compiler suite ?

Yes, maybe I should start think about upgrading this box!

Thanks again

adam