[R] GUI component Margin on tkcanvas, tkframe or tktoplevel

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Thu May 24 23:57:24 CEST 2007

Dear Hao,

I've used the borderwidth argument (which, I believe, affects all of the
borders) in several places, including to tkframe(). You can try it out and
see whether you get the effect you want.

> I also find the documentation for all the possible arguments
> that could be passed to tktoplevel, tkframe, tkcanvas, tk.wm,
> tkconfigure is not good. I wonder if there are good resource
> for it... at the very least, I know I need to look at what
> arguments that tck/tk takes... but I don't have time to go that far.

I think that the tcltk package documentation is meant to be used alongside
Tcl/Tk documentation. The most useful source that I've found is Welch et
al., Practical Programming in Tcl and Tk.

I hope this helps,
 John